I was an educator, classroom teacher, and social scientist for ten years before I stumbled in surprise onto the fields of experience design and user research.
From these fields, I bring to UX ten years' experience applying the same pattern of thinking and a proven ability to:
- identify and meet the differentiated needs of users,
- adopt a data-driven approach,
- challenge unsupported assumptions about users,
- develop strong relationships with stakeholders, and
- thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
As an educator at my core, I am passionate about the mission-driven approach necessary to build a UX culture: evangelism of UX research and continuous engagement with diverse stakeholders.
Check out my articles and follow me on Medium.
My wife and I live happily here in the heart of Gainesville with our young son.
- Competitive analysis
- Qualitative research
- Card sorting
- Heuristic analysis
- User interviews
- Contextual inquiry
- Usability testing
- Preference testing
- User stories
- User flows
- Information architecture
- Presentation skills
- Oral and written communication
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Adobe XD
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop